Wow! I haven't blogged in over a week. I must have been busy...or miserable. Turns out it was both! I figured while I sit here with an uber sick little boy, I could catch up.
We had our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh in town this past weekend, and that meant I spent my week cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, more cleaning, and baby-proof/de-peanut the house. I enjoyed it, really. I like cleaning, just not cleaning through migraines. And the company was wonderful! It was nice having a baby in the house again, and the kids had a great time. I was in my garden over the weekend, and even received a beautiful lily for Mother's Day from our friends. I had a rough couple days after that, and finally got out into the garden yesterday evening after a nice shower for both myself and the flowers [the kids watered them for me!].
What a difference a day [or two] makes!
My radishes doubled in size, and the carrots finally sprouted! The colossal pumpkin seed I planted, which I honestly thought was going to remain dormant forever, had its two big, beautiful cotyledons sprouting through the mulch. I was so excited! The sunflowers have gotten their first true leaves and more are quickly developing. The bean plants are beautiful, the baby pumpkin leaves are soft and fuzzy, and the onions are getting bigger. Oh, and the potatoes! I wasn't sure they were going to grow; yesterday, the looked beautiful! The leaves were a deep green color, and had finally sprouted and begun to fill out. The slow tomato plants are getting their first true leaves.And that is just the vegetables!
The zinnias are getting taller and adding more leaves, and the nasturtiums are getting big and beautiful, with lovely shaped leaves. The marigolds I grew from seeds are getting their true leaves, and the perennial side garden is blossoming nicely.
It truly makes me so happy :)
No definitions today, just sharing my joy! But do check this out! Bees on the Brink
One love,
Sara :)
P.S. Speaking to the link...one of the reasons I added annuals to my vegetable bed, and really am trying to plant a lot of flowers is to help the beloved bees! Check out the link to find more information about why they're important, what they do for us, and how you can help!
No comments:
Post a Comment